Penguins Foundation Dek Hockey Challenge
As the summer begins to cool down, the hockey season is just starting to heat up! Join us for this year’s Penguins Foundation Dek Hockey Challenge presented by Highmark September 28 & 29! All proceeds benefit the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation.
Teams can compete in one of three divisions, youth 7-9, 10-12 & 13-15. The player’s age as of 1/1/19 determines eligibility.
On Saturday, September 28, all games will be played at Banksville, Brookline or Bloomfield Project Power Play deks. On Sunday, games will be played Banksville & Brookline deks. All divisions may play at any rink, but each team will play one rink each day. There will be no travel between rinks. If demand dictates, more rinks may be added.
Cost: $250 per Team
- Three (3) games guaranteed. Games take place Saturday between 8AM & 11PM; Sunday 8AM & 4PM.
- Team trophies will be given to champions, runners-up, third place & fourth place.
- There will be A & B divisions / playoffs where possible.
- All players will receive a prize from the Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation & Highmark.
- Players in the 7-9 age division will receive tickets to the Penguins Exhibition game on September 28 at PPG Paints Arena. Game time is 3PM. Each team will be limited to 15 tickets.
- The ASHI / IDTA Rulebook will be used
- Floating Blue Line will be used.
- Each team uses four (4) runners and one (1) Goalie
- Games are one 20-minute running-time period.
- The minimum roster is six (6) players, maximum nine (9)
- ALL TEAMS MUST HAVE AN ADULT COACH
For more information, contact Mark Madden at 412.231.6759 or email email@example.com
Checks should be made payable to Mark Madden – please mail to – 9 Waterside Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Day One of Tournament Play - 9/28 | 8AM to 11PM
- Day Two of Tournament Play - 9/29 | 8AM to 4PM