The Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation will begin its 10th anniversary celebration with a night full of special activities at Thursday’s game against Anaheim at PPG Paints Arena.
The date is certainly appropriate – 10/10.
With its signature slogan, “Kids Are The Future,” the Penguins Foundation has already provided more than $44 million to support children and youth activities in the Pittsburgh region.
“It was just an idea in the summer of 2010,” said Dave Soltesz, president of the Penguins Foundation. “Since then, with the support of Penguins players, our staff, and our tremendous fans, we’ve been able to put smiles on the faces of so many children – and we look forward to doing even more this season.”
Activities during Thursday’s game will feature children from various charities and organizations that have received support from the Penguins Foundation over its first nine seasons. Kids will be incorporated into special experiences including the Jr. Starter, High Five, Selfie, Zamboni Rides and Puck Pals.
Other highlights of the 10/10 game vs. Anaheim will be:
- The first 3,000 kids ages 12 and under in attendance will receive a Sidney Crosby growth chart
- Live African penguins from the National Aviary will be on the concourse – outside the Highmark Kids Zone behind Section 112.
- Penguins Alum Bryan Trottier will be in the Penguins Foundation photo booth prior to the start of the game to pose with fans of all ages.
- Outside the KeyBank Club (behind Section 104), the Penguins Foundation will be selling mystery autographed pucks at $75 signed by current Penguins players.
- Also, courtesy of the Penguins Foundation, the PensGear stores in PPG Paints Arena will offer 10% discounts on all items.
To be there for the Penguins Foundation’s 10th anniversary gameday celebration on Thursday, click here for tickets, which each include a $10 donation to the Foundation’s $1 million fundraising goal.
More information on the Foundation’s anniversary activities can be found here: https://www.nhl.com/penguins/community/penguins-foundation-10th-anniversary.